We’re putting an offer on another house.
I know, right?
We haven’t signed the paperwork for the official offer yet and our realtor is having surgery tomorrow so things probably won’t move forward until next week.
But there you have it. Round two.
You know I’m going to be in torment for days so I might as well begin blog-coping now!
I think there are more nerves involved this time around because we are more confident that we can come to an agreement on the purchase price and move forward. That’s a big commitment! Is it the right decision?????????
Would you like to know more about the house?
It’s a damned brick ranch. What is it with these Ohioans and their brick ranches?
If we were to refer to the last house as “the cottage” we shall refer to this house as “grandma’s house” because it is TOTALLY grandma’s house. The smell, the carpet, the immaculate cleanliness — totally grandma’s house.
Here’s the thing about it though. It’s big enough. It has three bedrooms and a “finished” basement. It has two bathrooms — the main floor bathroom has double sinks. There is plenty of storage. The house has been meticulously maintained. The back yard is big and flat and in much better condition than it will ever be if we get our hands on it. The location is good. The neighborhood is as good as we can hope for in our price range. And it comes with this cute little stove that the lady of the house used to use for canning!
Do I feel like we are settling? Yeah, maybe. I don’t know. Do I want a bigger, better house in an awesome location? Of course! Do I think we would be getting our money’s worth out of this house? Yes I do. Am I scared to death? You betcha!
Would our closing date coincide with our due date for baby number four? Oh, my goodness. It probably would.
We are crazy. Or life is crazy?